Somerset Application for Free School Meals
How do I qualify?
Parents/carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
• Income Support (IS)
• Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
• Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
• Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income
(as assessed by HMR&C) of less than £16,190
If you have recently become unemployed but are still receiving working Tax credits, you may be entitled to free school meals, please call us on 0845 345 9122 for advice.
How do I apply?
1. Please complete the form Downloadable from Here, including the declaration at the bottom.
You do not need to send evidence with this application, if we need evidence at a later date we will contact you.