The safety of our students and staff at all times is our priority.
Please find links below to some useful information on what we are doing at Holyrood Academy as well as some general guidance and useful websites regarding COVID-19.
Guidance for Visitors - Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020
Our core obligation is to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of students and employees and the safety of non-employees. We hold the prime responsibility for ensuring the safety of our students, first and foremost, but also, and as importantly, of staff and volunteers, parents and guardians, guests and visitors, contractors and delivery services. We are therefore implementing the following regulations to help ensure that we maintain a COVID-secure environment for all:
• If you or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or is currently residing in a locally ‘locked down’ area then you must not visit the Academy.
• Tours will only take place when students are in lessons and only in circumstances where they are absolutely essential, in order to manage the risk of transmission and minimise cross-contamination.
• All visitors must sign in on arrival and give their email address and phone number to enable visitors to be tracked and traced should the need arise.
• All visitors must also sign a disclaimer stating that they have not visited any countries not included on the travel corridor list within the last 14 days and that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
• All visitors must follow current guidance relating to social distancing. Visitors may not enter classrooms or common rooms which are used exclusively by separate year group ‘bubbles’.
• Visitors must wear a face covering whilst on site, and wash their hands on arrival. Hygiene and handwashing precautions should be followed at all times.
• We will record the areas which you visit during the tour, together with the names of any people you speak to while on site. This is to support the track and trace system as far as we are able.
The visitor protocol is subject to constant review.