At Holyrood Academy we take our duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children extremely seriously. Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Mr Rob Crocker, Deputy Headteacher.
Our regular publication Safeguarding Matters covers our latest news regarding safeguarding practices and activities to support our students:
Issue 1 - Spring 2020
Issue 2 - Autumn 2020
Issue 3 - Spring 2021
Issue 4 - Summer 2021
Reporting a Concern about a young person
If you have a concern which involves the safety or wellbeing of a child, please contact Mr Rob Crocker during school hours on either:
Phone: 01460 260100
If the concern is serious and outside of school hours please contact the following:
- Children's Social Care on 0300 123 2224 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- the police on 101 (or in an emergency on 999)
- if you would like to speak to a social worker outside of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 123 23 27.
Safeguarding Documents and Advice
Holyrood Academy Safeguarding Policy (updated February 2021)
Holyrood Academy ICT Acceptable Use Policy
Child Safety Online a practical guide for parents and carers
ChildLine support and advice for children
NSPCCC children's charity which helps to prevent abuse and helps those affected to recover
Prevent safeguarding and supporting those vulnerable to radicalisation
Holyrood Academy Guide to e-safety
Managing allegations against adults working with children or young people
Local Area Designated Officers (LADO) provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations that have concerns about a person working or volunteering with children and young people who may have behaved inappropriately or if information has been received that may constitute an allegation.
If you consider a LADO referral is needed:
- Gather the relevant information: the name, date of birth and home address of the ADULT connected to the allegation/incident; the child/children's details (LADO procedures cannot begin without this information).
- It is advisable that you initially discuss the details with the Designated Safeguarding Lead (Mr R Crocker) and record/log the details in your relevant records.
- They will also need your name, your organisation's address and the role you have in your organisation.
- Once you have this information, call 0300 123 2224.
For more information please visit the Local Area Designated Officer's website here.